Wednesday, April 12, 2023 / 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Title: Resuscitation from a Trauma Surgeon's Perspective
Michael A. Vella, MD, MBA, FACS
Trauma Medical Director
University of Rochester Medical Center
I am an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Department of Surgery, Division of Acute Care Surgery and Trauma. I also serve as the Trauma Medical Director at the Kessler Trauma Center.
I am particularly interested in the use of trauma video review (the video-recording of trauma resuscitations) for use in trauma team simulation, education, research, and performance improvement as well as the early resuscitation of trauma patients.
I am board certified in general surgery and surgical critical care and am a member of the American College of Surgeons, Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Society of Critical Care Medicine, and American Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
This presentation will cover recent advances in trauma resuscitation related to blood transfusion, pharmaceutical adjuncts, and early mechanical control of hemorrhage.
1) Understand the current state of blood transfusion practices in trauma
2) Understand the current use of adjuncts to blood transfusion in trauma
3) Understand methods for early mechanical control of traumatic hemorrhage
I am a paid speaker for Teleflex corporation, specifically the QuickClot line of products. No additional disclosures.
- Members: FREE (Registration is required.)
- Non-Members: $45 per session & $130 entire series
- Institutions: $75 per session & $200 entire series
To receive member pricing, be sure to sign in.